Adding Work Patterns to your Company Work Patterns, Shift Patterns, Working Days, times
Work patterns are created at company level
They are then imported into a selected office
Finally, they are the assigned to employees
What are Work Patterns and What do they do?
Work patterns work alongside the Time On (timesheets) and Time Off (Leave tracking) modules of HRLocker
Assigning a work pattern tells HRLocker which days are working days and their working hours for any employee on any given day of the year. It also allows HRLocker to auto populate timesheets for convenience, and to accurately capture timesheet data when employees are on leave.
Knowing how many hours are in each employee's working day also facilitates HRLocker in operating our Hourly Leave system.
A work pattern looks like this on HRLocker
HRLocker allows company admins to create work patterns, which then can be assigned to offices and employees. To create a work Pattern
To create a work pattern
- Log in as an Admin
- Click on the Settings button on the Black Ribbon
- Click on the Company tab
- Scroll down to the View/Add Work Patterns page
- Here you can see all the existing work patterns for your company, and view them.
- Click Add Work Pattern
- Simply enter your times for each working day in the work pattern. Make sure the box is ticked to indicate these are working days
- If you are creating a night shift that goes into the next calendar day, set the work pattern so that the day the shift starts is the working day and the finish time is the next morning. See the screenshot below to see how a night shift starting at 11pm and ending at 6am the next day would look